Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: the quietest camera?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm looking into buying a super8 camera to shoot a feature with a dual sound system. Which camera do you feel makes the least amount of running sound. I am debating between the Beaulieu 4008, and the Cannon 1014. Any tips or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    Joe

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By far, th Canon 1014 is one of the quietest super8 cameras around. Its purrs like a kitten. Although the Beaulieu is a professional camera, it is quite noisy. I use the 4008 zm2 for shooting films without sound. You can make a barney or blimp for the 4008 series, but it still is noisy. Go with 1014.

    Scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really? I hear the Canon 1014 was pretty loud. The Canon 1014 Xl-S is much quieter, and the Nizo 6080 is even quieter then that. I'd say the Nizo 6080 is by far the quietest camera.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •